PDO Threads in Southwold
PDO Thread lift in Southwold
PDO Threads are made from soluble Polydioxanone, a material used surgically for many years. PDO stimulates collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin so threads are placed strategically where needed, in the areas of wrinkling and sagging skin.
Most commonly mono threads are used in areas needing a collagen boost, these are 'smooth' tiny threads that can be used anywhere on the face and neck. They dissolve over 3-4 months.
Another type of thread often used particularly for its lifting effects are cog threads. They have 'barbs' that can help create the pulling and lifting effect on the skin to tighten lax areas like the jaw and cheeks. These dissolve over 12 months.
PDO thread lift in Southwold
As standard practice I often use filler alongside threads for better results, as such these are along the similar price structure and I create bespoke packages to suit a range of clients depending on their personal needs.
Due to this, it is best to initially book a PDO Thread consultation (£50) and we can discuss your concerns and create a treatment plan from there with a bespoke package.
Prices Range from £200-£500 depending on what the treatment package consists of.
Neck threads are stand alone treatment for £300.
PDO threads lift in Southwold
Threads are a quick treatment and minimally invasive with minimum pain and carry no side effects or risks. Over time they are broken down and absorbed by the body at 3-4 months for monos and 12 months for cogs. The production of collagen and elastin will continue for up to 2 years.
Results can be seen initially with ongoing effects becoming apparent over time. There is no specific age to have threads, they can be used on anyone needing a lift or boost of collagen in certain areas, and can be an effective alternative to filler in some areas.
Threads also compliment other aesthetic treatments such as Botox and filler so you have an overall complete look. The amount and types of threads used vary for every client and their personal desired outcome.
These are for creating collagen in the skin.
These create lift in the skin.
These create collagen in the skin and add a little volume and plumpness to the skin.
Bespoke Thread/Filler Package
Are threads painful?
How long do threads last?
What is the aftercare?
BEFORE & AFTER CARE:
• Take arnica tablets before and after treatment. Bruises can have arnica applied.
• Do not use ‘over-expression’ on the face – this can lead to threads moving in the first 48hrs
• No sauna, hot tub, steam or chlorinated water for 24hrs
• Keep the area free from makeup and products for 24hrs
• You may feel slight tingling/prickly/aching feeling like electric shocks this is completely normal for 4 weeks,
• Avoid smoking for 24hrs
• Avoid excessive alcohol for 24hrs
• Do not use sunbed (12 weeks) or sunbathe for 14 days’ - over exposure to heat such as sunbeds can dissolve the threads prematurely
• Do not keep touching the area, keep it clean
• Avoid making long dental appointments for at least 4 weeks after treatment because mouth opening may be restricted
• No facial massage for 2 weeks/until tenderness resides
• Blood thinning vitamins and creams should not be used 7 days before and after the treatment
• For discomfort, paracetamol can be used, avoid ibuprofen-based products and aspirin as these can cause inflammation
• No lasers or Radio Frequency or electrical facials for 12 weeks post treatment as the heat will cause distortion to the threads
It is impossible to have an allergic reaction to threads, and there are no ill/side effects. After treatment you may experience the following:
• Burning/heat in the area & ‘electric shock’ type twinges
• Swelling (you may apply cool packs)
• See bruising/feel bruised/tender
• Infection (keep area clean)
PDO Threads Treatment Summary:
Under 1 hour
Risk & Complications
up to 3 months post treatment
Duration of Results
Up to 2 years